Reported Case Protocol
If a McKinney player, coach, or family member tests positive for Covid-19, a parent must notify the head coach and the McKinney board at email@example.com immediately. MLC board members will assess the situation on a case to case basis by gathering the following information as it pertains to MLC events: dates of potential exposure, person(s) exposed, and relevant contact information. The MLC board will provide template notification letters for close contacts.
The following shall apply for the duration of the Fall 2020 MLC season:
- People identified as exposed (close contacts) are those who attended practice/game/other MLC event with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 while the case was infectious. The infectious period starts 2 days before symptom onset, or 2 days before the case was tested, if there were no symptoms.
- Close contacts will need to quarantine for 14 days from the last contact with the COVID-19 case. As such, they may not attend practice/games/other MLC events during this time period.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 may not attend practice/games/other MLC events until 10 days after the last symptoms subside OR after being cleared of COVID-19 by a medical professional.
- If necessary, MLC board may contact your head coach for information on close contacts.
- Each team is responsible for keeping accurate practice/game/other MLC event attendance records throughout the season and make such records readily available to MLC board members in the case of a positive COVID-19 test result.
- In general, practices/games/other MLC events will not be canceled for a positive COVID-19 test unless the majority of the team is considered either 1) a close contact in quarantine or 2) a positive COVID-19 case. In this case, practices and games will be postponed for 14 days to ensure there are no additional cases.
- Remote practices and conditioning will proceed at the discretion of the head coach. This will be in the form of independent condition sessions, video sessions via social media, and other various forms of workouts determined by the head coach.
- Please note refunds/credits will NOT be issued for cancelation of games or tournaments. Conditioning and skill sessions for the spring season preparations in the fall will continue in some form or fashion.
These guidelines are based upon recommendations from the CDC and the Texas Department of State Health Services. For more information regarding COVID-19, go to https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx